Powered by Blogger

02 December 2005

Will you Mary me?



Anyone who knows me, knows how big a fan I am of Mary J. Blige. I've loved her music since day one. Her new single "Be Without You" is definitely a banger. She's the "around the way" girl that rocked combat boots and bamboo earrings (at least two pair). She had her bouts with drug abuse and a relationship with this here celebrity "Pookie":



But thank goodness she's got herself together and holds the crown as the Queen of Hip Hop & R&B. Now hopefully Mariah's whiny voiced ass can fall back. Seriously, I don't see what the big deal is; all her songs sound the same (but that's whole notha' post chile!) Mary has that raw emotion and truth in her voice that makes you wanna either love your man to no end, or throw a scalding pot of tomatoe sauce on his ass followed by some grits--with cheese, depending upon the song. She doesn't always win but, who does? I must admit, her last two albums I wasn't feeling much(though they did have some gems). "Mary" was the last one that remained in my cd player on repeat. I caught a lot of heat for this, but I thought she did a good acting job in "Prison Song". lol



All in all, I can't wait until "Breakthrough" drops December 20th. Check Mary's website for the new video (And doesn't she just look MAAARvelous in it??) and other updates.


P.S. Did I mention Terrance Howard's fine ass was in the video??


GO MARY! GO MARY! GO MARY!

P.S.S--I really wanna change this crappy template but can't find one that I like or meshes with a banner I made..If you have any suggestions please email my CSS illiterate ass some ideas: l.montg@comcast.net

Comments on "Will you Mary me?"

 

Anonymous Krystal said ... (7:40 PM) : 

Keshia now I love u girl. I have known u for years. You know me and the love I have for MJB too; But I'll be damned if you gonna tell me Mary did a "good" acting job on Prison Song. Tell me anything except that BS. She was knocked the hell out for 75% of the movie and when she was woke she knocked my ass out with her dry ass performance! This aint the end you'll hear from me bout this. PROMISE. C u.

 

Blogger Takeitoutside said ... (10:47 PM) : 

lol..Krystal you a mess! lol...For the 10 minutes she was lucid she was pretty good!

 

post a comment